(antiseptic) Opposite of capable of being transmitted to others
(noncommunicable) Opposite of capable of being transmitted to others
Opposite of any contagious disease that spreads rapidly and kills many people
Here’s a list of disinfectants you can use against coronavirus
- Clorox Multi Surface Cleaner + Bleach
- Clorox Disinfecting Wipes
- Clorox Commercial Solutions® Clorox® Disinfecting Spray
- Lysol brand Heavy-Duty Cleaner Disinfectant Concentrate
- Lysol Disinfectant Max Cover Mist
- Lysol brand Clean & Fresh Multi-Surface Cleaner
- Purell Professional Surface Disinfectant Wipes
- Sani-Prime Germicidal Spray
List of disinfectants you can use against coronavirus
Recommendations for U.S. Households with Suspected or Confirmed Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Products with Emerging Viral Pathogens AND Human Coronavirus claims for use against SARS-CoV-2
Air Cleaning - Green Technology
Clean air exp: Clean Air EXP, claims it kills 99.9 per cent of COVID within 10 minutes
Prevention - Cleaning, Face Masks
You can protect yourself and help prevent spreading the virus to others if you:
Wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub
Cover your nose and mouth with a disposable tissue or flexed elbow when you cough or sneeze
Avoid close contact (1 meter or 3 feet) with people who are unwell
Stay home and self-isolate from others in the household if you feel unwell
Touch your eyes, nose, or mouth if your hands are not clean
Soap and water will work
The soap removes the viral particles that have attached themselves to surfaces — whether it’s your hands, face or countertops — and suspends them in the water, so they can be washed away.
Richard Sachleben, an organic chemist and a member of the American Chemical Society, said most of the cleaning products we call soap are actually detergents that not only remove the germs from surfaces, but also kill them.
“The virus has an outside coating, and the stuff inside — DNA or RNA — is what actually causes the disease. It's kind of like the casing on a bomb or torpedo,” Sachleben explained. “For a virus, that coating is a protein, and the soap or detergent break up that coating, so the virus spills its guts and falls apart.”
Wash your hands. Don’t touch your face. Avoid large gatherings. Don’t panic, and prepare as best you can
Amazon.com: masks for coronavirus protection
Wearing masks could save more than 100,000 US lives through February, new study suggests
Home Preparedness Kit
Amazon.com: masks for coronavirus protection
How to prepare for coronavirus: The shopping list for your own home quarantine kit
VERIFY: STUDY SHOWS MOUTHWASH MAY INACTIVATE CORONAVIRUS, BUT NOT A CURE
USDA - COVID-19 and nutrition for health
- To help cope with stress that may be related to the pandemic, take care of your body including good nutrition, as part of self-care.
- Dietary supplements aren’t meant to treat or prevent COVID-19. Certain vitamins and minerals (e.g., Vitamins C and D, zinc) may have effects on how our immune system works to fight off infections, as well as inflammation and swelling.
- The best way to obtain these nutrients is through foods: Vitamin Cexternal icon in fruits and vegetables, Vitamin D in low-fat milk, fortified milk alternatives, and seafood, and zinc in lean meat, seafood, legumes, nuts, and seeds.
- In some cases, dietary supplements may have unwanted effects, especially if taken in too large amounts, before surgery, or with other dietary supplements or medicines, or if you have certain health conditions.
- If you are considering taking vitamins or dietary supplements, talk with your pharmacist, registered dietitian, or other healthcare provider before taking, especially when combining or substituting them with other foods or medicine.
- With changes in food availability in some communities, you may be consuming more canned or packaged food. Tips on purchasing canned and packaged goods using the Nutrition Facts label are available. In addition, helpful food planning is available at MyPlate.
- Getting the right amount of nutritious food like plenty of fruits and vegetables, lean protein, and whole grains is important for health. If you or your household need help in obtaining nutritious food, find additional resources at USDA Nutrition Assistance Program, or call the USDA National Hunger Hotline at 1-866-3-HUNGRY or 1-877-8-HAMBRE to speak with a representative who will find food resources such as meal sites, food banks, and other social services available near your location.
Over the counter medicines
Hospitalized coronavirus patients who take daily aspirin have lower death risk, study finds
COVID-19 patients who took aspirin also had a lower risk of complications, the study found. Those who took aspirin also had a 47% reduced risk of dying in the hospital compared to those who did not take the drug.
Real time Reverse Transcription-Polymerase Chain Reaction (rRT-PCR) test was used to confirm new cases of coronavirus infection.
Costco offering at-home coronavirus tests for $130-$140
COVID-19, an AI-based screening software
inferVISION is electron microscope lab
- COVID-19, an AI-based screening software
- inferVISION, this AI-based software
inferVISION is using AI and deep learning technologies to develop multiple platforms, including an AI applications management platform, an AI data-mining research platform, and several AI clinical application platforms, as well as medical AI systems for quality control, health management, and scientific research. The software had originally been developed for detecting signs of cancer in lung CTs. Additionally, the software's models were already set up for detecting pneumonia prior to the outbreak of coronavirus and only needed some fine-tuning to be adapted.
The AI behind the software was trained using more than 2,000 CT images of some of the first confirmed coronavirus patients in China.
The software relies heavily on NVIDIA's Clara SDKs, which is NVIDIA's AI healthcare application framework for AI-powered Medical Imaging. inferVISION is able to identify typical signs or partial signs of COVID-19 in suspected patients. In order to do this, the software looks out for signs of pneumonia that can be caused by the virus.